News & Events
Introduction to Counselling Skills
Event Date: 14-02-2018
Event Time: 9am-4pm
Event Presenter: Jacki Short
Event Location: Bendat Parent and Community Centre, 36 Dodd Street, Wembley
Learn the essentials of good counselling practice at this one day interactive, skills-based workshop.
This one day experiential workshop introduces you to the fundamentals of the Person-Centered/ Rogerian counselling framework and provides real skill training and practice. Through the use of structured, safe and supported exercises you will have the opportunity to learn and practice skills in attending, paraphrasing, empathic responding, questioning and summarising. Experience how and why these skills are foundational for all methods of counselling.
This workshop will provide valuable learning processes for mental health clinicians, case workers and other helping professionals who wish to enhance listening and communication skills. Live demonstration of methods, DVD presentations and practice, reflection and feedback opportunities will be provided. This workshop provides practical, useful and interactive opportunities to improve your counselling skills.
You will have the opportunity to:
• Learn about the Person Centered Counselling Method
• Understand the key counselling skills
• See demonstrations of counselling skills
• Practise key counselling skills
• Reflect and receive feedback
• Participate in role play sessions in small groups
• Consider practical ways to use these skills
- Counselling Skills Perth 2018.pdf